Embracing Our Differences is Seeking Volunteers!
May 7, 2019 by Kati Hinds
What is Embracing Our Differences?
Embracing Our Differences is a not-for-profit organization based in Sarasota, Florida, that uses the power of art and education to expand consciousness and open the heart to celebrate the diversity of the human family. It accomplishes this through an annual, large-scale, juried art exhibition and a comprehensive series of educational initiatives, programs and resources designed for teachers and students.
What Volunteer Opportunities are Available?
The most common volunteer needs are:
- Reading Day Initiatives (Fall 2019 AND/OR Spring 2020)
- Event Help (Luncheon – January 28, 2020 & A&Q Reception – February 2020)
- Exhibit Volunteer (Counter AND/OR Collect Surveys – January-March, 2020)
- School Chaperone for EOD Exhibit Field Trips (as requested)
- Adult Docent at the EOD Exhibit for Tours (as requested)
- Office Support / Packaging Educational Materials
- Office Painting / Spruce-Up Project (Summer 2019)
How Do I Get Involved?
If you are interested in volunteering, you can learn more and sign up here: https://www.embracingourdifferences.org/get-involved/
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact Sarah Wertheimer at email@example.com
We hope you will join us in creating a community where embracing our diversity and moving beyond tolerance to genuine acceptance and respect is not only a way of thinking and feeling – but most importantly, of acting. Together, we can create a vibrant community where differences are embraced and individuality is celebrated