ALL USFSM CLUBS: IT IS TIME FOR RE-RECOGNITION!
Jul 12, 2016 by Kati Hinds
It is time again for your club to complete the Re-Recognition process! This post will detail each step and the date it will need to be completed by. Make sure to read it all the way through – if you have additional questions after reading through this email, make sure to reach out and ask me as soon as possible! You can contact me via email (email@example.com), phone (941-359-4305), or in-person.
What is Re-Recognition & Why is it Required?
Re-Recognition is a required process that applies solely to clubs and student organizations and takes place on most college campuses at least once per academic year. By completing the Re-Recognition process, your organization is gaining access to a list of resources offered only to Recognized clubs and student organizations, including Marketing, Room Reservations, and Activity & Service Fee funding*. In addition, your club and its mission is also gaining the support of USFSM and the USF System once the recognition process is complete.*Not all recognized clubs receive A&S Fee funding if they do not meet the criteria set forth by SGA. If you have questions regarding the criteria, please let me know.
Good News – You can complete the entire recognition process in THREE EASY STEPS!
1. Sign-up for a meeting
The first step to gaining re-recognition is signing up for and attending a Fall 2016 Student Org. Meeting. Your club will be responsible for sending at least 2 members from your Executive Board. If you are concerned that this might not be possible – please let me know and we will work together to come up with an alternate plan! Advisors are definitely encouraged to attend, but not required.
This brief meeting is simply a time to talk about your club’s goals for the upcoming year, discuss any challenges your group may be facing, and address any questions or concerns your group may have. We will also quickly review policies regarding requests for payments, events, and travel. Meetings will take place starting on July 19th through August 19th.
To schedule a meeting during the week of:
- July 19th – July 22nd click HERE
- July 26th – July 29th click HERE
- August 2nd – August 5th click HERE
- August 16th – August 19th click HERE
2. Register for Fall Recognized Student Organization Training
Fall Recognized Student Organization Training (RSOT) will take place on Friday, August 26th. RSVP’S MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN MONDAY, AUGUST 22ND.
- Your club will need to send at least TWO representatives to this training – at least one member must be an Executive Board member. This is required!
- Advisors are not required to attend this training, but they are strongly encouraged.
- Attendees cannot represent more than ONE club at this training. If you are worried that this may be an issue, please reach out to me as soon as possible!
- If your organization is not fully represented at this training, it will lose its recognition status and its funding and spending privileges.
- Each representative must register individually! Click HERE to RSVP.
3. Update Your Club’s OrgSync Page by Friday, September 30th
Update your club’s OrgSync page with any changes that might have taken place, including changes in your Executive Board.
**Please DO NOT submit old information for your officers! If for some reason you cannot update your portal with new information by the deadline, please let me know and together we will make alternate arrangements. **
Final Reminder: The Bullpen!
Don’t forget to plan for the biggest recruitment opportunity of the year – The Bullpen! The Bullpen will take place on Tuesday, August 30th from 12 p.m. – 3 p.m. in the USFSM Courtyard. Remember, the goal of this event is to share your club’s story and get others excited about your club! Your organization cannot continue on without new members. If you need assistance coming up with an activity or ordering give-aways, please let me know!
MAKE SURE TO RSVP FOR THE BULLPEN NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, AUGUST 26TH. Click HERE to RSVP.