Make A Difference Day 2013: Volunteer Registration Form
DUE TO LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE, THIS FORM WILL CLOSE AT 5PM ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3
Welcome to the Make A Difference Day Registration Form!
Make A Difference Day is the most encompassing national day of helping others. Held annually on the fourth Saturday of October, millions of Americans are rallied into a single day of action to help change the world. The University of Akron has participated in this national day of service for the last eight years. 2013 marks the 9th year of our participation! Historically, 700-850 students, faculty, staff, and community members volunteer together for UA’s Make A Difference Day.
- UA students & faculty/staff (18 years and older) are able to volunteer individually or with a group of friends/student organization members.
- Shifts: Two volunteer shifts are available for the event taking place from 9am to 11am & 12pm to 2pm. You will designate which time slot you prefer within this form. Please know that due to limited service locations, we may contact your group to switch shifts.
- FREE STUFF! snacks, a t-shirt, and transportation will be provided FREE for all participants! You must use the transportation provided by the University.
- This event is rain or shine...really! Please come prepared to be indoors or outdoors.
- Suggested attire: jeans, tennis shoes or boots, jacket, etc. Please do not wear anything you'd be upset to get paint or dirt on. Please be mindful of the weather and come dressed for the elements.
Registration will be opened Thursday, August 1st at 8am and will close on Friday, October 4th at 5pm
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Brandon Mikulski at email@example.com or call 330.972.5492