New Job Opening for SLL Graduate Assistant
Jul 23, 2014 by Caytes (CJ) Liley
The Graduate Assistant for Clubs and Organizations reports to the Assistant Director for Student Life and Leadership. This is a part time position requiring 20 hours per week. He/she is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, administration and evaluation of an integrated and comprehensive student life program for a diverse student community. Primary emphasis will be working with clubs, organizations, specifically, the Student Government Association in the Office of Student Life and Leadership.
Qualifications: applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and must be enrolled in a graduate program of study at UCCS. Previous experience working in an office of clubs and organizations is requested. Previous experience working with a form of Student Government is highly recommended. This position serves as an advocate for student interests and needs on the UCCS campus and communicates those needs and interests to the University administration. This position interacts with students, faculty (on occasion), staff and community members and must have good communication and interpersonal skills. Previous experience teaching, training or serving as a group advisor/facilitator is preferred. Applicants must have the ability to work collegially with a broad spectrum of students, faculty, staff and community members. Skills in mediation, conflict resolution, and mentoring are desirable.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Attend regular meetings with the Assistant Director of Student Life and Leadership
- Assist with creating and conducting leadership training workshops or seminars for student club and organization leaders
- Work with Student Government leadership to ensure SGA representation at club fairs, new student orientations, and other campus events.
- Become fully familiar with SGA processes and procedures. Serve as a resource regarding the same.
- Create, implement, and evaluate processes for ensuring internal adherence to SGA policy and procedure.
- Create, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive record keeping system for all Student Government Documents.
- Establish an archive of Student Government documents, photos, and other media
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the Assistant Director as time permits.