Internship Position for Campaign Field Organizers
Jul 23, 2014 by Caytes (CJ) Liley
Fellowship Position with the Colorado Victory 2014
Colorado Victory 2014 is seeking top-quality Fellows to join the Democratic coordinated campaign for its highly targeted national and state races. CO Victory 2014 will play a critical role in helping to re-elect Senator Mark Udall, as well as other competitive races including congressional races and the Governor’s race. Fellows will work with our Field Organizers to maintain a solid volunteer base, as well as to persuade voters to vote for the candidates we support.
Ideal candidates will be hard-working, self-motivated, detail-oriented individuals with an ability to achieve set goals and perform under pressure. Fellows will report directly to their Field Organizer.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting volunteers
- Training volunteers in one-on-one and group settings
- Persuading voters to support Democratic candidates via calls and door knocks
- Meeting weekly voter contact and voter registration goals.
Skills or qualifications:
- Experience working for or volunteering on political campaigns or comparable organizations
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Democratic politics
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to listen well and communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Ability to take instruction and then translate that experience into effective training and instruction
- Enjoys working in a dynamic team environment with varied members of the general public
- Desire to learn on the job
By working as a fellow or intern with the campaign, students can earn community service hours and gain real world experience that will give them an edge on college or job applications. Each Fellow and Intern will come out with letters of recommendation and strong references. While working, they will be given responsibilities that mirror those of a paid staffer, including managing volunteers, an office, speaking at public events, and staffing the candidate, et. al.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to Cynthia Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org