UCCS' Annual Trivia Bowl Returns! Team Sign-ups NOW OPEN!
Sep 7, 2016 by Clyde The Mountain Lion
The most exciting, invigorating, competitive and thrilling trivia event is back at UCCS for it's fourth consecutive year! Except this year, the tournament is bigger, better, and contains even more fun!!! The National Academic Quiz Tournament (NAQT) is a team trivia tournament. For those of you who competed in “Academic Decathlon” or “Knowledge Bowl,” at some point in your educational career, or think you ROCK at trivia, this tournament is right up your alley!! This trivia game, formerly known as “College Bowl,” is a fun-filled intramural-style tournament allowing students to form their own teams made up of friends, coworkers, and other peers. Teams that accumulate the most points qualify for a single-elimination playoff round.
The team that wins the entire tournament has the honor of being recognized on a on a university plaque located in the student life office, and if the resources are available, may compete at a sectional competition. Sign-ups begin TODAY for this tournament. Here are the details for this trivia tournament:
- NAQT will be held on Saturday, November 5th at 12:00pm in the University Center
- Signups are available on Mountain Lion Connect (MLC). Please click on or copy and paste this link into your browser to sign-up: https://orgsync.com/68408/forms/214509
- The final day to sign up is Friday, October 14th.
- Questions vary from history, science, pop culture, politics, music, sports, and media
- You may sign up as a team or as an individual. If you sign up as an individual, you will be placed on a team with either other free agents or other teams that need players.
- As a team, you need at least a minimum of two players in order to compete. NOTE: Teams can only have a maximum of 2 graduate students (that's considered Master's, Ph.D, Ed.D, post doc, etc.)
- This is an intramural tournament, which means that you will be competing against UCCS-based teams.
Once signed up, you will receive additional information on team captains meetings, rules, and more! Please note that all participants that compete in this tournament will also receive a FREE NAQT swag item as appreciation for you signing up!
If you have questions regarding the tournament, how it runs, or anything related, please contact Jake Hillmann, Clyde's and Outreach Programmer (email@example.com).We hope to see all you trivia buffs sign up for this day-long trivia-style tournament!
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you compete in the tournament!
Office of Student Activities