NOW HIRING - University Center Event Services
Jun 10, 2016 by Clyde The Mountain Lion
University Center Event Services
Primary responsibilities include:
- Meeting room preparation for all facilities scheduled by UC Event Services
- Coordinate furniture setups for all facilities scheduled by UC Event Services
- Setup, tune, strike audiovisual equipment in order to enhance events on campus
- Participate in large event setups and strikes
- Assist clientele with successfully interfacing computer equipment to meeting room audio and video equipment
Posting closes Sunday June 19th, 2016
UCCS UNIVERSITY CENTER
DEPARTMENTAL JOB DESCRIPTION AGREEMENT
Event Assistant (Student Assistant II) Dept. Number: 40131
This is a part-time job involving approximately 15 – 20 hours per week. The Event Assistant reports directly to the Audiovisual Program Manager. The position involves morning, afternoon and/or evening hours, worked around the class schedule, as well as a rotating weekend work schedule. The position prefers tenure as a UC Set-Up crew representative or prior equal experience.
- Act as a representative of the University Center to students, faculty, staff, and community.
- Attend all mandatory weekly staff meetings and all scheduled monthly staff trainings.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the University Center including uniform, displaying UC nametag and proper equipment handling and setup.
- Proactively work with team mates to coordinate event setups, equipment moves, unlock/lock doors, as well as other duties as assigned.
- Check and respond to email regularly (at least every 24 hours).
- Serve as a direct point of contact for event day customer service as well as meet and greets with clients.
- Manual labor including frequent moving of equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Responsible for room preparation and as-needed technical procedures for all facilities scheduled by the Event Services Scheduling Department, while executing the basics like showing up on time, in uniform, a great attitude, and ready to work.
- Spot cleaning and readjusting/resetting of facilities in between times of use as needed.
- Setup, tune, strike audiovisual equipment, as needed, in order to enhance events held on campus.
- Participate and help coordinate large event setups and strikes.
- Complete required trainings upon hire and facilitate future trainings to other Event Services newly hired employees.
- Proactively plan with teammates to complete required setups/tasks before established reservation times.
- Immediately report to Audiovisual Program Manager, UC Professional Staff, Building Manager, Public Safety, or Risk Management any health and/or safety problems depending on the severity.
- Immediately report to A/V Program Manager and/or Building Manager any incidents or activities out of the norm. i.e. broken equipment or furniture, building/mechanical malfunctions.
- Model a culture of great customer service, as well as promote it throughout the UCCS community.
- This being a dynamic work environment, this position may be designated other duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
Student will be hired as a Student Assistant II at a rate of $9.25 per hour.
Raises will be dependent upon the Regent salary pool guidelines and department funding availability.