Renewing Your Organization
Every Registered Student Organization is required to renew their organization each fall with updated information and Executive Board positions. If you do not renew your organization or have all of your E-board members complete their officer training forms, you may lose the privileges associated with being an RSO including funding, room reservations, and hosting events.
Looking For The Training Forms You Need To Complete As An Officer? Jump to Position Forms
Looking to Change Your E-board? Jump to Changing Positions
To Renew Your Organization:
Step 1: Within your organization's portal, click the orange button that says "Update Now".
- If this button is missing, you most likely do not have Admin rights. To fix this, please email email@example.com requesting access.
- Step 2: Complete the first page as fully as possible.
Step 3: On the second page you will update your E-board members.
- NOTE: Every organization must have at least a President, Risk Management Officer (Vice President), Financial Officer, General Officer, and a full-time Faculty/Staff Advisor. ALL officers must be different people!
- You should find the user for each of the positions by typing their name into the participant field. You will need to enter a start date as well. The end date is optional.
- If the user does not appear in this search bar, that means they do not have an OrgSync account and will need to create one at www.gvsu.edu/orgsync.
- If there are two accounts for one user, please send a separate request to each account or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Student Organizations need to have all five roles filled. Campus Departments only need the Administrator Role filled out.
- Step 3: Complete the rest of the renewal submission and be sure to upload a Constitution (a blank Constitution can be found here)
Step 4: Once you submit the renewal, make sure all of your E-board members and your Advisor complete the training forms located within their OrgSync. Instructions for locating these forms are below.
- If a position training form is not available for one of your officers, have them email email@example.com for assistance.
- Your organization will not be approved until each officer completes their forms
After completing the registration/renewal form for your organization, each of your E-Board members (including the advisor) must fill out an additional training form.
Each officer can find the form manually by clicking on their name in the top right corner of OrgSync. They will then click on the 'Activity' button. Within this tab, they will click "Position Request" and the form will be in this tab.
NOTE: The president, risk management officer (vice president), and financial officer have additional officer training videos to complete. These videos are built into their forms. The general officer and the advisor have a simple form to fill out.
Changing Positions After Submitting The Renewal Form
If your organization has already been renewed and it is time to transition your E-board and change positions please follow these instructions:
- Step 1: Enter your organization's portal and on the right side of the screen, click "See All" underneath the "Positions" box.
Step 2: Within the Position's page, you can either click on the wrench icon and edit the officer's term or you can click the green button that says "Fill A Position" to add a new officer
- Note: If you are changing officers, you must still have the necessary 5 officers (President, Risk Manager, Financial Officer, General Officer, and Faculty/Staff Advisor). Each position must be held by different people.
Step 3: Once you submit the updated officers, they must complete the officer training forms as well.
- Once the training forms are completed by the new officer(s), the position(s) will be approved.
- You can find instructions about how to find the forms above
- If a position training form is not available for one of your officers, have them email Jenna Reinhold at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you have questions about this process, please contact email@example.com.