The Program of Excellence Award 2014
About the award:
The intent of this award is to acknowledge the programming efforts of student organizations beyond events that local chapters of national organizations may be required to complete.
The quality of student life at the University of Idaho is greatly enhanced by the co-curricular opportunities ASUI recognized student organizations provide each year. From cultural and spiritual events, to educational, social, or civic engagement initiatives, student-organized programs make an impact on the UI community in a variety of ways. In an effort to recognize and reward those ASUI recognized student organizations that provide quality programs/events to the campus community, the ASUI Activities Board and the ASUI Student Engagement Office established the Program of Excellence Award.
Two ASUI recognized student organizations will receive $250. Nominations will be accepted by faculty, staff, students, or organization members.
Awarded annually to two ASUI recognized student organizations, this monetary award will be used by the recipients to further enhance student-programming efforts on the UI campus. Programs/events of all sizes and budget, held within the current academic year, are eligible and encouraged to apply. There are four steps in the application process.
1. Complete the on-line application form. Click the green button below that reads “Begin Form” (you must include the student's contact information).
2. Upload a letter (limit two pages) addressing the following:
- Description of the program/event, date(s) held, location and number of students who participated in the program
- The organization’s goal(s) for the program
- The organization’s mission statement
- The impact of the program on the campus community
3. Optional: Upload up to four additional pages (in addition to your letter mentioned above) of pertinent and supporting background materials such as, but not limited to: newspaper articles, letters, citations, flyers and project descriptions.
4. Submit the application form.
ASUI Activities Board Chair or designee
Director of Student Involvement or designee
ASUI President or designee
ASUI Activities Board Advisor
If you'd like, you can download a blank PDF version of this form.