Outstanding Senior Awards 2014
About the award:
This award is presented to 10 seniors who are the very best leaders at the University of Idaho and who have demonstrated outstanding service, leadership, academic achievement and committed to serving the university community.
Ten awards are available. Nominees will be solicited from deans, department heads, faculty, staff, coaches, and students. Self-nominations are also accepted. All information regarding nominees and how they are rated is kept confidential.
Nominees are required to have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA for their undergraduate studies and MUST BE graduating in the 2013-2014 academic year. If students have accumulated enough credits to be in senior standing but are not graduating, they should apply for the Outstanding Junior/Silver Lance Honorary.
Full-time undergraduate students may be nominated for the award by faculty, administrators, staff and other students or may nominate themselves. There are five steps in the application process.
1. Complete the on-line application form. Click the green button below that reads “Begin Form” (you must include the student's contact information).
2. Upload a personal statement or recommendation statement (limit two pages) addressing how you/or the nominee have demonstrated the following:
• Academic achievement
• Participation in on-campus and off-campus activities
• Leadership experience
• Commitment to serving others
• Innovation in developing projects or responding to university issues/needs
• Any additional information pertinent to the award
3. Upload/Submit a letter of recommendation from a UI faculty or staff member If you are self-nominating: (You will need a letter of recommendation) the suggested method is to have the recommender (either a UI faculty or staff member) email you a signed copy of the letter, and then you can upload it to this website. If the recommender would prefer to give you a sealed letter, please bring the letter to the Department of Student Involvement, Commons 302. Make sure to write the name of the nominee and the award they are being nominated for on the front of the envelope.
4. Submit the application form.
Idaho Commons & Student Union Director or designee
Dean of Students Office representative
University Housing Director or designee
Director of Fraternity & Sorority Life or designee
ASUI President or designee
If you'd like, you can download a blank PDF version of this form.