Organization Service Award 2014
This award is presented to an ASUI Recognized Student Organization (RSO) that has demonstrated exceptional motivation, innovation, and involvement in community service. This RSO is one that has provided outstanding service to the community without regard for group gain, while exhibiting commitment to the causes, concerns, events or needs at hand. This award is presented to a RSO in hopes that the organization's exceptional service may inspire and motivate others to participate in community service. The service must be performed without pay and have taken place in the Moscow/Pullman area.
The intent of this award is to acknowledge service above and beyond philanthropic events that local chapters of national organizations may be required to complete.
Full-time undergraduate students may be nominated for the award by faculty, administrators, staff and other students or may nominate themselves. There are five steps in the application process.
1. Complete the on-line application form. Click the green button below that reads “Begin Form” (you must include the student's contact information).
2. Upload a personal statement or recommendation statement (limit two pages) addressing how you/or the nominee have demonstrated the following:
- Why the organization chose to serve
- The organization’s commitment to the community and service for others
- The impact of the organization’s volunteer service action on the community
- Any additional information pertinent to the award
3. Upload/Submit a letter of recommendation from a UI faculty or staff member. If you are self-nominating: (You will need a letter of recommendation) the suggested method is to have the recommender (either a UI faculty or staff member) email you a signed copy of the letter, and then you can upload it to this website. If the recommender would prefer to give you a sealed letter, please bring the letter to the Department of Student Involvement, Commons 302. Make sure to write the name of the nominee and the award they are being nominated for on the front of the envelope.
4. Optional: Upload up to four additional pages (in addition to your letter mentioned above) of pertinent and supporting background materials such as, but not limited to: newspaper articles, letters, citations and project descriptions.
5. Submit the application form. Click on the green button below that says "Begin Form."
Director of Student Involvement or designee
ASUI Activities Board Chair or designee
ASUI President or designee
Dean of Students or designee
ASUI Volunteer Programs Coordinator
If you'd like, you can download a blank PDF version of this form.