The ASUI Presidents' Scholarship 2014
About the Award
Mary Ruth Mann, Roy L. Eiguren and Carl F. Wurster, along with other former ASUI presidents, established a perpetual endowment fund in 1996. The ASUI Presidents' Scholarship is awarded annually to at least one deserving student enrolled at the University of Idaho.
The number of scholarships available and the monetary amount awarded may vary each year, as scholarships will be determined by the annual income generated. A minimum of $500 per student will be awarded each year. As the endowment principal grows, more scholarships may be awarded at the discretion of the selection committee.
Nominees must be enrolled at the University of Idaho for the academic year 2013-2014. The recipient must be a full-time undergraduate student who has shown an active involvement in ASUI or its programs.
Full-time undergraduate students may be nominated for the award by faculty, administrators, staff and other students or may nominate themselves. There are five steps in the application process.
1. Complete the on-line application form. Click the green button below that reads “Begin Form” (you must include the student's contact information).
2. Upload a personal statement or recommendation statement (limit two pages) addressing how you/or the nominee have demonstrated the following:
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Academic achievement
- Commitment to serving others
- Diversity of backgrounds, experiences and interests
- Any additional information pertinent to the award
3. Upload/Submit a letter of recommendation from a UI faculty or staff member
If you are self-nominating: (You will need a letter of recommendation) the suggested method is to have the recommender (either a UI faculty or staff member) email you a signed copy of the letter, and then you can upload it to this website. If the recommender would prefer to give you a sealed letter, please bring the letter to the Department of Student Involvement, Commons 302. Make sure to write the name of the nominee and the award they are being nominated for on the front of the envelope.
4. Submit the application form.
Idaho Commons & Student Union Director or designee
Dean of Students Office representative
University Housing Director or designee
Director of Fraternity & Sorority Life or designee
ASUI President or designee
If you'd like, you can download a blank PDF version of this form.