Intramural Sport Staff Application, Spring 2018
This application is for students interested in becoming a member of the Intramural Sports Staff.
Inspire Community, Develop Students, Unleash Spirit
Make A Difference...
Expectations of all Intramural Staff
- Set the example and be a resource for the Intramural Sports community at Texas Tech both on and off duty
- Understand, implement, and play under the policies and procedures of the Texas Tech Intramural Sports Department
- Create and maintain an open line of communication between participants, officials, supervisors, and professional staff of the Intramural Sports program
- Sound and informed decision making ability
- Provide quality customer service to the Texas Tech Intramural Sports and Recreational Sports community
- Resolve conflict among participants and/or staff
- Be CPR/AED certified and respond to injury and safety concerns
- Flexible schedule
Required Qualifications for Intramural Staff
- Current Texas Tech student
- Interest and knowledge of various Intramural Team Sports or Individual & Special Event programs offered at Texas Tech
- Desire to learn how to teach, lead, evaluate, and respect the Texas Tech Intramural community
- Exhibit exemplary sportsmanship while participating
- A participant of the program
- Previous officiating experience
- Minimum of a 1 year commitment
Intramural Sports Staff: Supervisor Description
Be a contributing member of 12-17 Supervisors. Work between 6-20 hours per week; nights and some weekends will be required. Assist in planning and presenting of sport official’s training, evaluating Intramural Sport Officials, implement risk management procedures, resolve conflict, and provide quality customer service to the Texas Tech Intramural Sports community. Attend and offer input and provide feedback during weekly Supervisor Meetings.
Intramural Sports Staff: Program Assistant Description
Be a contributing member of 12-20 Program Assistants. Work between 6-20 hours per week; nights and some weekends will be required as well as attending staff meetings throughout the semester. Maintain and keep inventory of Intramural Team Sport equipment on a nightly and seasonal basis. Supervise and manage the West Rec Turf Complex. Take advantage of opportunities to work in the Intramural Sports Office.
Please complete your application no later than Friday, November 17, 2017 by 5pm for full consideration. You will be contacted regarding the next step of the hiring process.
Please send questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com