RCO Funding Guidelines Update
Oct 7, 2014 by Jennifer Rosko
After a comprehensive review of the current funding polices for Registered Campus Organizations (RCO), new funding guidelines will be implemented starting October 2014 to coincide with the recent student government restructure and available funding sources. Please take a moment to review the new funding guidelines. If you have any questions, please contact Student Life at email@example.com.
RCOs may apply for funding for the following event categories. Please download the funding guidelines to view the eligible expenses, maximum allocation, and specific policies per event category.
- RCOs are not funded; rather funds are allocated to specific RCO-initiated events, activities, and programs. Funding is not available for general operating expenses or lump sums.
- Funds may only be used for the event, activity, or program to which they were allocated.
- Funds may not be carried forward beyond the date of the event, activity, or program to which they were allocated.
- Funds may not be transferred from one event another.
- Funding allocations for food and beverages will be contingent upon the actual number of participants, verified from an attendance list. Food and beverage allocations for over estimated attendance will be reduced as follows:
- Variance of 25% or less = No change to funding allocation
- Variance of 26% - 40% = 20% reduction to funding allocation
- Variance of 41% - 60% = 50% reduction to funding allocation
- Variance of 61% or more = funding for actual attendance only
- Attendance list must include participant name, email, school, status [template]
- A copy of the event’s publicity, such as a flyer or email
- Receipts which include the vendor name, an itemized list of purchased items, and clearly indicate proof of payment
- Invoices which include the vendor’s name and business address, itemized list of items to be purchased, cost of each item, and terms of payment
To submit a funding request, log into OrgSync and navigate to: More > Treasury > Manage Budget > New Budget. For any school-specific conference, seminar, organization meetings, social events, or student/faculty mentorship event, please contact your school-specific student government to request funding.
To submit a payment request, log into OrgSync and navigate to the approved budget request and then click on: Details > Request Payment. Please upload all required documents: attendance list, itemized receipts and/or invoices, and copy of event publicity. All payment requests must be submitted within 30 days of the event.