MLK DOS 2016 Site Selection Application
MLK Day of Service connects UMSL students, community partners and service organizations for a day of service activities on the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. We have had a wide range of projects from our past sites, such as painting, building privacy cubicle walls, cleaning, reading to students, tutoring, and landscaping. Selection of service sites will be based on:
- Passion for community service and civic involvement
- Time availability and commitment to the event
- Displays a need for volunteers (Could this project still be completed without volunteers? Sites must provide enough work to keep 15 to 30 volunteers busy for a three-hour duration)
- Willingness of sites to meet with site leaders. Site leaders will be required to visit their assigned site at least once with their partner for planning purposes. This must be completed prior to the event.
- Ability to effectively communicate with site leaders and MLK Leadership Team
Deadline to Apply is November 20, 2016 at 5:00pm