2017-2018 Annual Club Charter Form
Please do not use the back button on your browser, if you need to go back please use the back (previous) button on the site- if you use the back button on the browser it will result in a form submitted with no information.
**As of July 1st, 2017, Sports Clubs will no longer be housed within the UVU Clubs Office, but instead the UVU Campus Recreation Department. If you are a Sports Club and are interested in chartering for the 2017-2018 academic year, please contact Alex Gebers at email@example.com or 801-863-5804.
By submitting this form you are acknowledging that you have read the policies concerning campus organizations and agree to conduct all organizational affairs with the regulations set forth.
Unless no changes have been made and the Clubs Office has it on file already, the constitution must be submitted with this form.
General Guidelines & Information:
**Clubs no longer require an advisor. If you would like to have a mentor work with your club, please have them fill out the Club Mentor Acknowledgement Form. A club mentor is someone who will support, offer advice and give help when asked or needed. A club mentor can only be a UVU exempt employee.
Club mentors are to be selected by the student officers of the club. Mentors should be competent and capable in offering support and feedback to the club as the students make plans, set goals, host events and meetings, etc. related to the purpose and mission of the club. The number one priority of the club mentor will be their employment at UVU. Any responsibilities connected to their role as a club mentor will be considered a volunteer/service hours and should not conflict with the employees work schedule and responsibilities.
To Start A Club:
- Membership must be open to all UVU students.
- Each club must have a minimum of 6 members.
- Provide a club constitution with the Annual Charter Form.
- At least 75% of the membership in each officially charted and recognized club shall consist of regularly enrolled students at Utah Valley University.
- Every officer in each officially chartered and recognized club shall be a regularly enrolled student at Utah Valley University. The student serving as president of the club must be a FULL-TIME student enrolled and successfully complete at least 12 credit hours and maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- A club must establish and assess dues. Dues must be a minimum of $5 per year. Paid members are those who are active in the club and have paid in full. Participating members are those who have yet to pay their dues, but still participate in the program.
- Each club must comply with university-chartered club requirements, including but not limited to having a lawful purpose and chartering the club.
- There are no private clubs. All officers must be willing to have their names published per the Freedom of Speech Policy that says "The names and address of officers are required by the University as a condition for registration or access to university funds or enjoyment of university privileges.
- NO off-campus banking or financial accounts are permitted.
- A Club Mid Annual Report will be required to be filled out in order to keep chartered status for spring semester.
- Participants in clubs will be responsible for their own medical insurance and must sign waivers and statements of acknowledgment before participating in club activities. UVU does not provide any medical coverage for club participants.
UVU Club Information & Expectations
Have a representative attend monthly UVU Inter-Club Council (ICC) Meetings. Schedule found below.
Fall 2017 ICC Schedule: Located in the SL 114 Council Chambers
September 5th at 2 pm and 6th at 12pm
October 3rd at 2 pm and 4th at 12pm
November 7th at 2 pm and 8th at 12pm
December 5th at 2 pm and 6th at 12pm
Spring 2018 ICC Schedule: Located in the SL 114 Council Chambers
January 9th at 2 pm and 10th at 12pm
February 27th at 2pm and 28th at 12pm – Meet the Candidates: VP of Clubs
March No ICC – Club Ambassador Open House– 27th at 12pm in SL 122E
April 3rd at 2pm and 4th at 12pm
To be eligible for Additional Club Funding through the UVU Clubs Office, a club must:
- Attend at least 75% of all UVU Inter-Club Council Meetings
- Be a fully chartered club
- Be in good standing with the university
- Must not be 30 days past due on any financial obligation to any college department, vendor, business, etc.
- Collect Dues from club members
- Complete one service project per semester
- Conduct other fundraising efforts (minimum of one fundraiser) held in the semester applying for funding
- Each club must submit a constitution outlining the governing laws for the student group
- All club officers, members, and mentors need to be familiar with University Policies pertaining to clubs contained within the Clubs Handbook. (A copy of the Clubs Handbook may be found at www.uvu.edu/clubs)
By submitting this form you are acknowledging that you have read the policies concerning campus clubs and agree to conduct all club affairs with the regulations set forth.
**Utah Valley University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.