Applications for Student Organizations 2017-2018
Please complete this application if your student organization is seeking official recognition status at Grand Rapids Community College or if your student organization is seeking renewal.
For New Student Organization Applications, you will need:
- A roster of 7 members currently enrolled in GRCC credit courses (names, emails, and student ID numbers). You will be required to upload this information in an excel spreadsheet.
- Executive leadership (President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, etc) will need to be specified on the spreadsheet
- Advisor contact information
- Organization constitution. You will be required to upload this information in a word document.
Criteria for currently Recognized Student Organizations seeking renewal or Conditional Student Organizations seeking recognition:
1.) OrgSync Portal Update
- Uploaded current constitution or guiding document to the "Files" folder
- Current roster of officers and active members specified under the "People" tab
- Meeting times scheduled and posted under the "Events" tab
2.) Student Alliance Meetings
- Attendance at Student Alliance meetings, Town Hall and Collaborative, are required. Only one absence is excused per a semester.
- Any member can be your representative; Does not have to be the same person.
- Did not overspend budget (see consequences below; as cited in Student Club and Organization Manual)
- If organization is less than $150 over, that amount will be subtracted from the following semester's allocation.
- If organization is $150 or more over, the organization will be placed on suspension (made inactive) for one semester.
- If an organization is over budget (in any amount) two consecutive semesters in a row, the organization will be made inactive/suspended for one year, with required budget training prior to renewal.