Active Minds @ WSU
Welcome to Active Minds!!
Active Minds is a rapidly growing network of thousands of college students working towards one goal: To create campuses where students feel encouraged to speak openly about mental health and seek help. Active Minds takes a grassroots approach to changing the conversation about mental health one campus at a time. A nonprofit organization headquartered in Washington, DC, Active Minds has more than 350 student chapters in nearly all 50 of the United States, Washington, DC, Canada, and Australia.
Active Minds is:
• A liaison between students, college/university administration and the mental health community.
• A referral source, directing students to the school’s counseling services and other local mental health services and support.
• Open to all students – whether you yourself are diagnosed with a mental health disorder, you know someone who is, or you just care about the cause.
Active Minds is not:
• A support group.
• Students providing clinical services/therapy.
• Meant for only psychology students or students with a diagnosed mental health disorder.
Join the conversation!