Adjusting Permissions for Members
Sep 25, 2014 by Colleen Pace
If you want to give permissions to members without giving them Administrator access just follow the steps below:
- Click on People in your organization’s portal
- Click on the member for whom you want to adjust permissions
- Click Permissions tab
- You can then choose which parts of the portal the member has access to edit/adjust
A few notes:
- You can also create “Groups” and adjust the permissions by group. For example, Officers is a group in every portal. Everyone in the Officers group can create entries in the budget.
- Adjust permissions for each user/officer based on their permission. The PR/Programming chair would probably want access to the Calendar and Events so they can be posted and advertised.
- Administrator status should be reserved for only exec member or even only the president/vice president. It gives access to everything in the portal that you may not want general members to have access to adjust.