Get Involved and Give Back in 2017!
Jan 12, 2017 by Lesley M Graybeal
How will YOU get involved and give back in 2017? Learn more at uca.edu/volunteer!
Do you want to give one or two hours a week to a cause you are passionate about?
- Tutoring opportunities like the Faulkner County Juvenile Court or Deliver Hope
- After school programs like the Boys and Girls Club, City of Hope Outreach, or Glenhaven Sparks Out-of-School
- Community building with programs like the Faulkner County Urban Farm Project, the Locals, Arkansas Dream Center, City of Hope Outreach, and El Zocalo
- Opportunities to spend time with people with special needs, like Community Connections, Faulkner County Day School - Work Force, or Independent Living Services
- Emergency services like Lucie's Place or the Women's Shelter of Central Arkansas
- Resources for low-income and homeless individuals like Arkansas Asset Builders, Bethlehem House, Community Action Program for Central Arkansas, the Conway Ministry Center, and Soul Food Cafe
- And many more community partners in our community partner database!
Is your RSO or Greek organization looking for a group service opportunity?
Check out the volunteer calendar for one-time events or schedule a service activity with organizations like the Arkansas Food Bank, Community Action Program for Central Arkansas (CAPCA), Equestrian Zone, Soul Food Cafe, and many more. Contact Outreach & Community Engagement for help getting started!
Do you want to join a group of students who share your passion for service?
Check out one of UCA's service RSOs!
And don't forget to SAVE THE DATE for the Big Event, UCA's day of service, on March 11, 2017!
Students who log 30+ hours in a year are recognized at the Student Involvement Awards, and students who log 100+ hours at UCA can request a community service graduation cord! Check out the volunteer calendar and learn more about how you can participate in community service at UCA at uca.edu/volunteer!
Have a great semester!