Applications for RESULTS REAL Change Fellowship Now Open!
Dec 7, 2016 by Lesley M Graybeal
APPLY HERE FOR 2017-2018
RESULTS is looking for the next generation of young activists and leaders in fighting poverty at home and abroad. RESULTS will train and guide you to create personal relationships with policymakers in Congress and other branches of government. We’ll train and support you to speak powerfully and engage with the media and your community. RESULTS has proven over the past 35 years that when people like you use their voices effectively, we can make progress towards ending poverty.
RESULTS is a movement of passionate, committed everyday people. Together they use their voices to influence political decisions that will bring an end to poverty. Volunteers receive training, support, and inspiration to become skilled advocates. In time, volunteers learn to effectively advise policy makers, guiding them towards decisions that improve access to education, health, and economic opportunity. Backed by the in-depth research and legislative expertise of staff, RESULTS advocates realize the incredible power they possess to use their voices to change the world.
As A REAL Change Fellow You Will:
- Receive training and support over 12 months to become a powerful advocate for the end of poverty.
- Learn how to lobby your member of Congress on everything from tax policies that can lift millions of low-income Americans out of poverty to global health initiatives like the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
- Become a skilled organizer who mobilizes your community to fight poverty.
- Write pieces that get published in the media.
- Start your own RESULTS chapter or help a local RESULTS chapter grow and thrive.
- Attend the RESULTS International Conference. Past speakers include World Bank President Jim Kim, Tavis Smiley, Jeffrey Sachs, Marian Wright Edelman, and Muhammad Yunus.
- Attend the REAL Change Mid-Year Training in March of 2017 to learn about RESULTS priority issues in depth, the budget process, and budget appropriations.
- Passion for creating change and fighting poverty.
- Ability to commit an average of 6 hours per week.
- Commitment to join biweekly conference calls on Wednesday nights and monthly national calls on Saturday afternoons.
- Preference given to those with past experience in student or community activism, political campaigns, or other anti-poverty or social justice focused activities.
- Be between the ages of 18 - 30 at the start of Fellowship.
- Attend the 2017 RESULTS International Conference, July 22nd - 25th, 2017, in Washington, DC.
RESULTS will cover flights, hotels, and some meals. There is a $200 fee to cover certain activities which cannot be waived. RESULTS will provide resources to help Fellows fundraise the $200 fee.
- Applications are now open. Apply here. Interviews will begin in March of 2017.
- Please contact Carly Pildis at CPildis@results.org with any questions.