SPUD Sound & Lighting Request
DUE TO MAINTENANCE ON EQUIPMENT, SPUD SOUND IS ONLY ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE SOUND REQUESTS FOR EVENTS WITH BANDS. SMALLER SPEAKER SYSTEM FOR DJ/IPOD IS UNAVAILABLE THROUGH SPUD SOUND & LIGHTING AT THIS TIME.
PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING REQUEST.
SPUD Sound is intended for musical events and purposes. If you are in need of a microphone for a speaker/lecture/etc. please make your request through Facilities.
Availability & Eligibility:
- SPUD Sound is available for University departments and registered clubs & orgs during academic semester only (not available during holidays and breaks).
- In the case that a requested event conflicts with a SG/SPUD event, priority will be given to SG/SPUD.
- SPUD Sound may only be used on the University of Dallas Irving campus.
- The on-campus venue must first be reserved through Conferences & Events.
- Department or organization must ensure venue has suitable power and electricity.
- SPUD Sound does not maintain the sound system in Lynch Auditorium. That must be arranged through Facilities and Faculty Support Center.
- Sound requests must be submitted no later than 10 business days (2 weeks) from the date of your event.
What SPUD Sound Can Provide:
- Speakers: We have 2 Bose L1 towers (the ones used at music on the mall), 4 on-stage monitors, 2 loudspeakers, and 2 subwoofers.
- Microphones: We have many microphones and microphone stands to cover a wide variety of use cases ranging from vocals to guitars and drums. We also have several DI boxes for keyboards and bass guitars.
- Amplifiers & Rack Pieces: We have a full audio rack featuring 5 high-power amplifiers to drive our loudspeakers, subwoofers and monitors. There is also a feedback destroyer and a CD recorder.
- Mixers & Sound Boards: We have 1 16-channel audio mixer with effects and a built-in amplifier (used for the monitors) that is used at TGIT, Oktoberfest, Battle of the Bands, and larger events. We also have two portable 4-8 channel mixers for smaller events.
- Cables: We have enough of XLR, Neutrik Speak-On, 3.5mm, TRS, and power cables to handle any event.
- Lights: SPUD Sound maintains an inventory of light fixtures for larger events such as concerts. We have 4 color-changing par-can lights, 1 laser system, 4 white flood lights, 2 Chauvet Elan effect lights, a disco ball, and 2 fog machines. RHA also owns a number of additional lighting fixtures which SPUD Sound makes use of on occasion.
What SPUD Sound Does Not Provide:
- Power. You are responsible for ensuring that there are sufficient power outlets in your venue.
- DJs and musical entertainment.
- Stand-alone cables. Cables are for use only with SPUD sound and lighting equipment.
- Stages and risers must be arranged through Facilities.
- Tables, even for the DJ. Tables may be requested through Facilities.
- Drum kits and/or any other musical instruments.
If you'd like, you can download a blank PDF version of this form.