13th Annual Pullman Stream Clean-Up Group 2 | 2017 Earth Day (CCE Transportation Provided)
Organizational Information: The Palouse Clearwater Environmental Institute (PCEI) is a non-profit organization that has dedicated the last 25 years to increase citizen involvement in decisions that affect our region’s environment. This is partly accomplished through promoting the ecological health and social welfare of the Palouse-Clearwater region and providing opportunities for the community to participate in the conservation, preservation, and restoration of environmentally sensitive lands, natural areas, and unique ecosystems.
Opportunity Description: Helping beautify and preserve the beauty and cleanliness the Paradise Creek stream.
Days/Times: Transportation will be provided. Please meet in the CCE Student Resource Center located in the CUB Lower Level L45 at 10:30 AM to meet with your group. We plan to return to campus around 1:30 PM
- Please dress appropriately for working outdoors.
- Please be safe! Wear high visibility clothing and clean with a partner. Avoid cleaning near roads or other hazardous locations. Be conscious of flow and avoid cleaning during high flow events.
- Gloves and closed toe shoes/boots are recommended.
- Pick up garbage and recyclable material that has been littered on the ground and in the stream. Please keep recyclables separate and dispose of accordingly.
- Leave natural debris alone. Woody debris is good for healthy aquatic ecosystems.
- Try not to disturb wildlife, especially nesting birds with young.
Service hours are allocated based on amount of direct service participation and do not include meeting time and transportation to/from the service site. Students can expect to receive 2.0 hours of service.