RSO Update: 14-July-2017
Jul 14, 2017 by Brandon Price
Welcome Week 2017 Information
If your organization would like to help out during Freshman Move In Day on August 20, someone from your organization must submit the registration form attached below to the Department of New Student Programs (Student Center 206) by July 14.
Organizations may register to help with move-in, to man a refreshment station or both. Volunteers will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
Let's see who run's the yard on August 21st at 6:30pm in the Student Center Amphitheater!
Applications to participate will close at 2:00 PM on Friday August 18, 2017. No further registrations or music submissions will be allowed after this deadline. THIS INCLUDES ALL MUSIC EDITS AND CHANGES. MAKE SURE TO SUBMIT YOUR FINAL CUT.
Any recognized greek organization on campus can participate and will make up a stroll/strut and the best one will win a $150 cash prize for their chapter! The time restriction for the competition is 5 minutes MAX and will be strictly enforced. Any music tracks exceeding 5 minutes will be played from the beginning and stopped by the DJ at the 5 minute mark.
The order of the stroll of will be randomly drawn by a staff member of Office of Student Life.
The first opportunity your organizations will have to interact with incoming freshmen will be during Conway Daze on August 23 from 2-5 PM. This is not a required event but is an amazing opportunity to help build your organization. To participate, you must submit the application attached below to the Department of New Student Programs (Student Center 206) by August 11.
FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT MOVE IN DAY OR CONWAY DAZE, CONTACT COLIN STANTON AT CSTANTON@UCA.EDU
RSO Fair Registration
The Fall RSO Fair will take place in the Student Center Amphitheater on September 14 from 12-3 PM. Organization's may register their spot beginning today and registration will close at 11:59 PM on September 7. Click the banner below for more info and to register a spot for your organization.
Fall RSO Renewals Reminder
The renewal process for Fall 2017 has begun. If your organization's renewal has been submitted but not accepted it's most likely because there are missing position forms which need to be submitted for officers listed. For an outline of the process, please refer to the previous RSO Update email which can be found here: https://orgsync.com/52031/news_posts/220479
If you have questions about the status of your organization for the Fall, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark your calendars for the following important dates in the Fall 2017 semester! These dates will be posted on the RSO website (uca.edu/rso) as well as in your organization's OrgSync portal.
Move In Day | August 20 | 8 AM - 12 PM or 1-5 PM | UCA Campus
- Organization's must submit the above attached application to the New Student Programs office by Friday, July 14 in order to participate.
Conway Daze | August 23 | 2-5 PM | Student Center Amphitheater
- Organization's must submit the above attached application to the New Student Programs office by Friday, August 11 in order to participate.
Fall 2016 RSO Training | September 6 | 4 PM | Student Center Ballroom
- This is required for all RSO Presidents. Advisors and other officers are encouraged to attend. You may RSVP on OrgSync at the following link: https://orgsync.com/52031/events/1923248/occurrences/4471397
Social Events Training | September 6 | 6 PM | Student Center Ballroom
- This training is required only for organizations who wish to host social events on campus. Social events (as defined in the UCA Student Handbook) include (but are not limited to) parties, concerts, festivals, sporting events and races, movie nights, game nights, etc. The president, two executive board officers and the member responsible for planning events must attend this training each semester.
- Fall RSO Fair | September 14 | 12-3 PM | Student Center Amphitheater
Since the beginning of this year, UCA RSO's participating in the Papa John's fundraiser have raised over $6000 for their organizations! If your organization would like to start participating in the fundraiser, please email email@example.com to get started!
Papa John's has announced their NEW platform for the 2017/2018 season! The current fundraiser format will expire July 31, 2017. Your fundraiser will change from “40% off all pizzas” to “30% off your entire online order” starting August 1. This will lift the current “PIZZA ONLY” limit currently applied to your code, PLUS it allows more % back to your organization. Please see further details about the new fundraiser perimeters below:
- NEW OFFER: 30% off your entire online order with 10% of that sale going back to your organization (starts August 1, 2017).
- There is no expiration.
- There is no limit to the number of times your code is used.
- ONLINE ONLY, NO IN-STORE USE (we cannot track funds raised in store).
- Carryout or Delivery.
- A NEW minimum for checks will be $30.00 in order to issue and mail. If you do not meet this requirement, your total will roll over to the next month until this minimum is met.
- Checks that do meet the minimum will be mailed the last week of each month. All checks will be sent to the Office of Student Life.
- All inquiries MUST be made through the corporate office. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about your code.
- REMINDER: Checks do expire after 120 days. If you have an expired check, we can reissue a new check for your organization. Please mail them all to: ATTN: Elizabeth Smoak Ozark Pizza Company, LLC 5810 E Skelly Dr. Ste. 420 Tulsa, OK 74135
PLEASE NOTE: Your code will not expire or render invalid at any time during the transition to the new promotion. Your code will change offers automatically. If you need marketing materials for the NEW offer, please use the updated materials as attached. You are welcome to use in whatever form you need to promote your code. If you wish to discontinue your fundraiser or change the fundraiser beneficiary, please email email@example.com.