Bear Boots on the Ground Volunteer Sign-Up (May 25, 2017)
All UCA faculty, staff, students, and alumni are encouraged to participate in at least one day of service for this volunteer effort to assist flood victims in Pocahontas, AR. Spouses and friends are welcomed. Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
Staff need to contact their supervisor for approval before signing up to volunteer.
- May 25, 2017 (Thursday) from 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Type of Service
- Most volunteers will be asked to assist with outdoor clean-up of the flooded community.
- UCA Physical Plant will provide bus transportation to and from the volunteer site. We encourage use of bus transportation services as parking and travel to volunteer sites will be difficult and limited.
Apparel & Items to Bring
Volunteers are asked to wear and bring the following items:
- Wear Jeans and a t-shirt (A UCA tee shirt or purple shirt is encouraged)
- Good shoes that you don't mind getting wet
- High water rain boots or work boots that you don't mind wet are recommended
- No open-toed shoes allowed
- A towel to dry off after cleaning up at the end of the day
- A fresh pair of clothes to change into at the end of the day if needed (showers will be provided for volunteers if needed)
- Work gloves (if you have them)
- Hat or sunscreen (to protect against sunburn)
- You may be doing work on knees, so knee pads used in construction would be helpful
Meals & Other Accommodations
- Lunch and water will be provided; You may want to bring extra water or snacks to eat during the day
- At the conclusion of the day, showers will be provided for the volunteers to clean up because of the strong stench from the flood waters
- Please print and complete the attached waiver before boarding UCA provided transportation and participating in activities associated with this effort.