Complete an Experiential Learning Proposal and Preflection Form
As indicated in the title, this form serves two roles and is to be completed BEFORE the experience begins. If you have questions about this, please contact Bengt Carlson before completing the form.
- To submit an upcoming learning experience for approval to earn points towards the Beyond the Classroom awards. Note: All spaces for information below must be filled out completely for this submission to be considered.
- To briefly anticipate what you may learn through this experience. The paragraph you write at the bottom of this form is a place to explain what you will do and what you may learn.
The preflection paragraph below will be shared with the Faculty/Staff or Community Member who will fill out the evaluation of your experience and final reflection at the end of the experience. Therefore, this paragraph must adequately address specific details you anticipate from the experience you are going to have.
Please make sure to give thorough answers.
Keep in mind that both this proposal will be evaluated on how your answers demonstrate experience based understanding of the discipline in these capacities:
1. Identify, evaluate and interpret information, by raising pertinent questions and identifying
2. Solve problems by determining limitations, making connections, and prioritizing the
3. Create innovative solutions to problems through creative thinking,
4. Communicate ideas and information effectively, and
5. Seek ongoing improvement to integrate knowledge and skill through reflection on their
thinking and learning processes.