2017 Fall Move-in Volunteer Sign-up (Move In Crew / Pacific Green Team)
The Move In Crew and the Pacific Green Team are looking for volunteers for 2017 Move In!
Interested in being a face of Pacific for new incoming Pacific students? The Move In Crew and Pacific Green Team are looking for volunteers!
As part of the Move In for incoming first-year students, you will be assisting our new students and their families as they move into their residence hall rooms. If you volunteer to be a member of this year’s team, you must be available to assist during your assigned shifts on Tuesday, August 22 and Thursday, August 24. You must be able to attend training from Noon-5pm on Monday, August 21.
As part of the Pacific Green Team, you will assist in helping students and parents in proper disposal of waste (trash vs. recycling), providing information about Pacific’s commitment to sustainability, and creating a welcoming environment to all incoming students! If you volunteer to be a member of this year’s team, you must be available to assist during your assigned shifts on Tuesday, August 22, Thursday, August 24, and Saturday, August 26. You must be able to attend training from Noon-5pm on Monday, August 21.
The Move In Crew and the Pacific Green Team will work closely during 2017 Move In. Though separate groups, each will be working to create a positive experience for students.
Requirements to be a member of Move In Crew or Pacific Green Team:
- If you live on campus, you must move into your Fall 2017 room on Sunday, August 20 between 2pm and 5pm. Off campus residents must arrange their own housing.
- Attend training session on Monday, August 21, from Noon-5pm. Lunch will be provided.
- Must be able to work in designated shifts, between the hours of 11:00am-6:00pm on Tuesday, August 22 and Thursday, August 24. Lunch will be provided on both days.
- Pacific Green Team members must also be able to work on Saturday, August 26 between the hours of 11:30am-5:30pm. Lunch and dinner will be provided on this day.
- Be willing and able to create a positive and welcoming environment for students and families moving into on-campus residential facilities.
- Move In Crew Team Leads need to have prior Move In Crew experience.
45 students are needed for Move In Crew and 20 for Pacific Green Team. In addition, there will be recruitment for 2 paid Team Lead positions for Move In Crew (the Team Lead positions will need to attend an additional training session on Saturday, August 19 from 1pm-5pm and, if living on campus, will need to move in on Friday, August 18).
DEADLINE EXTENDED - Applications are due by 9:00AM, Monday, July 24. Students will be notified of their selection by Wednesday, July 26th and will need to confirm their spot by Monday, July 31. If you are selected to be part of one of these teams you will be provided a t-shirt that must be worn during your assigned shifts.
If there are any questions about Move In, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any questions about Pacific Green Team, please email: PacificGreenTeam@Pacific.edu.