2016 Fall Move-in Volunteer Sign-up (Move In Crew/Pacific Green Team)
The Orange & Black Crew and the Pacific Green Team are looking for volunteers for 2016 Move In!
Interested in being a face of Pacific for new incoming Pacific students? The Move In Crew and Pacific Green Team are looking for volunteers!
As part of the Move In, you will be assisting the first-year students and their families as they move into their residence hall rooms. If you volunteer to be a member of this year’s team, you must be available to assist during your assigned shifts on Tuesday, August 23 and Thursday, August 25. You must be able to attend training from Noon-5pm on Monday, August 22.
As part of the Pacific Green Team, you will assist in helping students and parents in proper disposal of waste (trash vs. recycling), providing information about Pacific’s commitment to sustainability, and creating a welcoming environment to all incoming students! If you volunteer to be a member of this year’s team, you must be available to assist during your assigned shifts on Tuesday, August 23, Thursday, August 25 and Saturday, August 27. You must be able to attend training from Noon-5pm on Monday, August 22.
The Move In Crew and the Pacific Green Team will work closely during 2016 Move In. Though separate groups, each will be working to create a positive experience for students.
Requirements to be a member of Move In Crew or Pacific Green Team:
- If you live on campus, you must move into your Fall 2016 room on Sunday, August 21 between Noon and 4pm. Off campus residents must arrange their own housing.
- Attend training session on Monday, August 22, from Noon-5pm. Lunch will be provided.
- Must be able to work in designated shifts, between the hours of 11:30am-6:30pm on Tuesday, August 23 and Thursday, August 25. Lunch will be provided on both days.
- Pacific Green Team members must also be able to work on Saturday, August 27 between the hours of 11:30am-5:30pm. Lunch and dinner will be provided on this day.
- Be willing and able to create a positive and welcoming environment for students and families moving into on-campus residential facilities.
45 students are needed for Move In Crew and 20 for Pacific Green Team. In addition, there will be one paid Team Lead for the Pacific Green Team.
Applications are due by midnight, Wednesday, July 20. Students will be notified of their selection by Friday, July 22 and will need to confirm their spot by Wednesday, July 27. If you are selected to be part of one of these teams you will be provided a t-shirt that must be worn during your assigned shifts.
If there are any questions about Move In, please don’t hesitate to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If there are any questions about Pacific Green Team, please email: PacificGreenTeam@Pacific.edu.