SLCCSA Book Scholarship Spring 2018
Application closes Friday, April 6, 3:00 p.m.
The SLCC Student Association has set aside funds to help students in purchasing textbooks for Summer, 2018. It was created for students who are finishing their degree, which means completion by August, 2018 or December,2018.
To be eligible for this Book Scholarship students must meet the following requirements and submit this application.
- Must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must be currently taking at least 9 credit hours
- Must be a continuing student of SLCC and have planned to complete either May, 2018 or December 2018. (Attach a copy of your DegreeWorks audit showing completion date)
- Must be able to demonstrate a need for the Book Scholarship. This can be shown through completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and/or answering the questions on the application.
- Must indicate the title, author, edition of the book, and the price.
- Past awardees are not eligible.
Note: Students who are receiving a tuition waiver from the college for involvement and/or leadership are not eligible for the Book Scholarship.
This scholarship can only be used for books from the College Bookstore. It must be used for the semester it is granted. For example, if awarded for Spring Semester 2018, it cannot be held over for use during Spring Semester 2019. Students may request assistance for up to two books that will assist in completing a degree or certificate.
With this scholarship, the Student Association will purchase the book(s), which will be ready for picked-up from the SLL office. If you have any questions, please contact 801-957-4565.