Skip to Login Skip to Content Skip to Secondary Navigation

UO Driver Certification Request Form for ASUO-Recognized Student Organizations

Please complete both forms.

Please read ALL information below before completing this OrgSync form as well as the UO Parking and Transportation form.

Members and Officers of ASUO Recognized Student Organizations wishing to be UO Driver Certified MUST complete BOTH this ASUO OrgSync form and the UO Parking and Transportation Department Driver Certification steps outlined at the following link. 

If you are not obtaining this certification as part of an ASUO Recognized Student Organization please do not complete this form and contact your department manager/project coordinator.

Go to and click the Submit a Driver Certification request button.

Driver certification is mandatory for all faculty, staff, student employees, temporary employees, students currently enrolled/registered at the University of Oregon, and authorized volunteers who drive any motor vehicle on University of Oregon business to access the following services:

  • Operating University-Owned Vehicles.
  • Renting and Driving a Motor Pool Vehicle
  • Reimbursement of mileage driven in a personal vehicle for a University-related business purpose.
  • Reimbursement of rental vehicles used for a University-related business purpose.
  • Using any rented vehicle being paid for from University funds, including I-Fee and Fundraising accounts.

UO Parking and Transportation Department Driver Certification Requests for all recognized student organizations are processed by Authorized Travel Expenditure Staff of Student Government Engagement and Success and forwarded on to the Department of Parking and Transportation for approval after review/authorization. Members of ASUO recognized student organizations wishing to obtain driver certification must complete all parts of this form accurately, and review your answers before submitting it. The current SGES Authorized Travel Expenditure Staff person to submit and list as both supervisor and individual to authorize the forms is Nicole Nelson (541) 346-0618. List this individual as both the supervisor and as Travel Expenditure Authorizer at the end of the UO Parking and Transportation Form.

All drivers must meet the minimum driver and driving record requirements listed below:

  • Driver must be 18 years or older.
  • Driver must hold a valid and current driver license.
  • Within the past 60 months, the driver may NOT have been convicted of a major traffic offense. This includes, but is not limited to, reckless driving, driving while under the influence of intoxicants, failure to perform the duties of a driver involved in an accident or collision, leaving the scene of a property damage accident, driving on a suspended or revoked license, fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer, driving after being declared to be a habitual offender, and vehicular negligent injury.
  • Within the past 60 months, the driver may NOT have been convicted of a Class A or Class B moving traffic infraction. This includes, but is not limited to, failure to obey traffic patrol personnel, using a vehicle to commit a crime, careless driving that results in an accident, reckless driving, speed racing on a highway, speeding 30 mph or more in excess of the limit, vehicular assault of a pedestrian or cyclist, and failure to stop for bus safety lights.
  • Within the past 24 months, the driver may NOT have had a felony revocation of driving privileges or felony or misdemeanor driver license suspension.
  • Within the past 12 months, the driver may NOT have had more than two convictions for Class C moving traffic violations. This includes, but is not limited to, careless driving, crossing double line, cut in, driving on sidewalk, driving while encumbered, driving on wrong side of highway, driving in public park, failure to drive right, failure to leave name/address at accident, failure to maintain reasonable control, failure to stop for school bus, failure to yield right of way, failure to yield to pedestrian, following too closely, illegal turn, improper lane change, improper left turn, improper passing, improper reverse turn, improper right turn, negligent driving, no headlights or driving without lights, insufficient clearance, reckless driving, right turn from wrong lane, squirreling, and violating the basic rule.
  • Within the past 12 months, the driver may NOT have had more than three convictions for Class D moving traffic violations. This includes, but is not limited to, disregarding red light, disregarding stop sign, disregarding traffic sign, failure to stop at railroad crossing, failure to obey traffic control device, and wrong way on one-way street.
  • Driving Record
    For Applicants with Oregon Driver's Licenses, Parking and Transportation is able to request DMV records directly with your license number to verify driving history. Out-of-State Licensees are required to submit a DMV-issued record of your diving history, going back at least 5 years (or for as long as you have had your driver's license, if you have not had it for five years or longer). Submit this record via a scanned copy uploaded/attached to this form. Your request will not be processed without it this information.

All drivers must meet the certification expectations listed below:

  • I verify that I am authorized by my department to drive a motor vehicle on University of Oregon business.
  • I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the University of Oregon Driver Authorization Rules.
  • I understand that for the purposes of University of Oregon driver certification, a year is defined as the period beginning on October 1 and ending on September 30, and driver certification is valid for up to one year.  After the relevant certification period ends, the driver must complete a new driver certification form to be re certified.
  • I understand that in order to rent a vehicle from the state motor pool, I am required to complete this driver certification form.
  • I understand that in order to drive a van (owned, rented, or borrowed) for University sanctioned travel, I must complete the online van safety training course.
  • I understand that drivers on University-business travel are expected to observe all applicable speed limits and to operate their vehicles in accordance with all applicable laws and state regulations.
  • I understand that at any time during my driver certification period, if I fail to meet the minimum driving record requirements, including a situation in which my driver’s license expires prior to renewing it, I will notify my supervisor and the Department of Parking and Transportation immediately.  I understand that failure to report this may result in permanent revocation of my certified driver status.
  • I understand that citations issued may result in revocation of driving privileges involving use of State vehicles.
  • I authorize the University of Oregon to verify my license and driving records.
  • I understand that I may be asked to furnish, at my own cost, my complete and current driving record to the Department of Parking and Transportation for audit purposes.
  • I understand that should an audit of my record indicate that I no longer meet the minimum driving requirements, my certified driver status will be revoked.
  • I understand it is my responsibility to carry liability, uninsured motorist, and personal injury protection insurance on my vehicle, as per state law.  I understand that the University only provides coverage for physical damage, uninsured motorist, and personal injury protection for vehicles owned by the University. This means that the University will not pay the costs of any repairs to my vehicle; nor will it necessarily provide bodily injury coverage for me if I am in my own vehicle. When I am using my own vehicle on official University business, I understand that my auto insurance will apply primary coverage. In an accident, if the liability loss exceeds my own policy limits, the University’s coverage will apply to the excess over my policy limits. The University will not cover any liability I incur when I am not acting within the scope of my University employment or duties. Nor will it cover if my act or omission amounts to malfeasance in office or willful or wanton neglect of duty.
  • If I am involved in an auto accident while on University business, I understand it is my responsibility to advise the University of Oregon Office of Risk Management within 24 hours by calling (541) 346-8316 or sending an email to I understand that permission to operate a vehicle, whether state issued, hired, or borrowed, for University of Oregon business is based on my certification that all information I provided in this online driver certification form is true and accurate.
  • I warrant that the above information is true and accurate and I understand that I am required to notify the University of Oregon of any changes to my driving record and/or insurance coverage that occurred after submitting this Certification. I understand that providing false information or failing to notify the University of any changes may result in consequences such as discipline, up to and including termination, for employees, student conduct charges, for students, and a letter of trespass or revocation of volunteer privileges for community members.

If you have any questions regarding this form and its contents, please feel free to contact the Student Government Engagement and Success Staff, listed above. Thanks!

Begin Form