Skip to Login Skip to Content Skip to Secondary Navigation

Other Destinations (Procedures)

Point Park University students are permitted to participate in study abroad programs through other schools or study abroad organizations.  With these programs, the application process and financial arrangements are managed by the student.

The first step is to research and identify a program.  Students interested in these programs should apply directly to their program of choice.  Additional steps include:

Academic Information
  • Work with your academic advisor and/or department chair to select courses that are compatible with your degree requirements.

  • Complete the Study Abroad Course Approval Form, available in the Office of Student Affairs.  This form must be signed by your primary academic advisor and department chair, as well as the Study Abroad Coordinator.  The completed and signed form is then submitted to the Registrar's Office. 

  • Complete the Leave of Absence form, available in the Registrar's Office, and submit the completed form to the Registrar's Office.  This applies only to spring and fall programs, not summer programs.  For more information, visit the Undergraduate Policies page on the Point Park website.

  • When your semester abroad is complete, it is the student's responsibility to have the transcript sent from the sponsoring program to Point Park University for evaluation of transfer credits for successfully completed and approved courses.  Courses are transferred in on a pass/fail basis, just like other transfer credits.
Financial Information

Tuition and other program costs are paid directly to the sponsoring school, and any financial aid must be arranged through the sponsoring school.  Institutional aid (Point Park scholarships, grants, etc.) will be forfeited for the semester abroad.

Students who plan to study abroad with a non-University sponsored program should notify the Office of Student Affairs of their intent.