Phi Sigma Rho (Alpha Zeta Chapter)
Phi Sigma Rho is a social sorority for women in technical studies serving our sisters and the community by promoting high standards of personal integrity, respect and character; to create lifelong bonds of sisterhood; to uphold professional excellence with a social balance through shared experiences, common bonds, and recognition of service and achievement. Phi Sigma Rho is a National Sorority founded on September 24,1984 at Purdue University.
The objectives of Phi Sigma Rho are:
- To foster and provide the broadening experience of sorority living with its social and moral challenges and responsibilities for the individual and the chapter.
- To develop the highest standard of personal integrity and character.
- To promote academic excellence and support personal achievement, while providing a social balance.
- To aid the individual in the transition from academic to the professional community.
- To maintain sorority involvement with the alma mater and the community through responsible participation.
- To maintain the bond of sisterhood with alumnae members through communication, consultation, and participation in Sorority functions.
Important National Phi Rho Facts:
- National Motto: "Together We Build the Future"
- Mascot: Sigmand the Penguin
- Colors: Wine Red and Silver
- Jewel: Pearl
- Flower: Orchid
Wright State University Chapter:
The Wright State University-Alpha Zeta Chapter of Phi Sigma Rho is the 30th chapter of Phi Sigma Rho. The chapter was founded April 14, 2013 by 16 charter members.
Currently, the chapter has 33 active members! Phi Rho Love <3