The mission of the Center for Leadership and Service is to provide students with developmental and experiential opportunities that foster leadership and community involvement, grounded in values and moral purpose. Through leadership education, service learning, advocacy, and volunteerism, students will become active global citizens on campus, in their respective communities, and in the workplace.
Excellence in Civic Engagement Medallion of Distinction
Serve your community and get recognized for it! If you have volunteered in the community while you have been a student here at FIU, you may be eligible for the Excellence in Civic Engagement Medallion of Distinction. Eligibility criteria and application process are listed here:
Undergraduate – 200 hours of community service documented on Student Development Transcript, minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA at time of application
Undergraduate (transfer) – 100 hours of community service documented on Student Development Transcript, minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA at time of application
Graduate – 100 hours of community service documented on Student Development Transcript, minimum 3.5 GPA at time of application
- Please visit leadserve.fiu.edu for deadlines
Tracking & Application Process
Please follow the steps below to track your service hours and apply for the Excellence in Civic Engagement Medallion of Distinction.
- Log in to your OrgSync account at orgsync.com . If you do not have an account your first step will be to create one.
- Click on My Profile
- Choose Involvement
- Click on the top right corner on the green tab named “Add involvement entry”
- Fill out the information required in the involvement entry – For the Service Medallion of Distinction the correct learning outcome would be community involvement & service learning
- Check the show on full involvement history on each of the involvement entry forms you complete
- Click the submit involvement entry tab and your entry will be recorded
- *Please note that for every activity you list, OrgSync will send an automatic e-mail to the reference person you list on the involvement entry and they will need to confirm that you completed those service hours with their agency.
- Once you have submitted all the entries that you would like to have on your co-curricular record, click REPORTS button on the left on the involvement page to request your Co-Curricular Record. Please note that your application will not be processed until you complete this step.
- The final step will be to complete the application for the service medallion. Students should only complete the application if they are in their semester of graduation, otherwise the student will need to reapply in their actual semester of graduation.
To complete your application click on the Center for Leadership and Service (CLS) Programs portal on the the OrgSync homepage, click on forms, and complete the Civic Engagement Medallion of Distinction application.