SPB Executive Board Application 2015-2016
SPB is the premier programming board for students at the University of Central Oklahoma. We pride ourselves on providing festive and memorable programming to the UCO Community. Our Executive Board positions include:
- Promotions Director – Oversees aspects of marketing and promotions within the organization. The Promotions Director will also be responsible for creating and implementing the SPBe Involved Program.
- Leadership Director - Oversees Leadership Lunches and SPB's involvement in Homecoming. The Leadership Director also oversees the membership's development of leadership skills.
- Special Events – Oversees alternative events such as SPB Night at the Thunder Game, First Friday Flicks, Midnight Cereal Bar, and other events. Serves as the Director of the Special Events Committee.
- Talent – Oversees events that showcase student's talent or famous singers such as Broncho Idol, Open Mic Nights, the Homecoming Concert, and other concert events. Serves as the Director of the Concerts Committee.
- Recreation – Oversees recreational events such as the Murder Mystery Dinner, SPB on the Rocks, Elevation Trampoline Park, and other events. Serves as the Director of the Recreation Committee.
- Daytime Events – Oversees all daytime programming events such as Walking Taco Wednesday, SPB Zone, Hot Chocolate Bar, and other events. Serves as the Director of the Daytime Events Committee. Must be available between 10-1 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
- Issues and Ideas- Oversees events regarding current issues such as Central's Coming Out Day, Psychic Night, Stand Up To Bullying and other events. Serves as the Director of the Issues and Ideas Committee.
- Creative Events- Oversees interactive events such as Make Your Own Clipboard, Make Your Own Terarium, Tie Pillow Cases and other events. Serves as the Director of the Creative Events Committee. Must be available between 10-1 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
- Pride and Traditions- Oversees events to instill pride in the UCO community such as Build a Buddy, Swap Your Pride, Tailgating, and other events. Serves as the Director of the Pride and Traditions Committee.
- Collaborations - Overseees events in collaboration with other organizations such as TWLOHA Henna Tattoos, Bubble Soccer, Laser Tag, and other events. Serves as the Director of the Collaborations Committee.
All Executive Board and Activities Board members must:
- Attend weekly SPB Executive Council Meetings on Tuesday nights from 5:30-7:00.
- Attend weekly SPB General Member Meetings on Tuesday nights from 7:00-8:30.
- Lead a student committee.
- Perform two office hours in Campus Activities on a weekly basis.
- Attend three SPB events every month.
- Have weekly one-on-ones with advisor and Executive Director