Did you know that UofL supports our students through a Women’s Center on campus? Our center is one of only two in the state, and we are celebrating 26 years on campus!
Please check out our wide range of student programs, student groups, and leadership opportunities:
Join one (or more) of student groups! All members of our students groups can have the opportunity to have a mentor or shadow someone
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) at UofL
- The first AAUW student organization in Kentucky, prepares women to become leaders on campus and in the community and take action. The focus of this organization's programs are women in STEM, pay equity, women in politics and more.
- Empowering Ladies Together (ELT)
- Helps women to excel academically, socially, culturally,and professionally in our community. We encourage women to embrace leadership pursue success,gain sisterhood, and understand the importance of community service. We build a sense of community and a support system for minority women, ELT is minority focused but completely tailored for all women.
United Nations Association (UNA) - Women at UofL
- UNA-Women, the first and only UNA-Women Student Chapter in the Country, works to advance important and timely issues related to women and girls. They also advocate for UN programs that further women's rights and empowerment nationally and internationally. Their focus includes but not limited to: Non-Profit, Political, Community/ Service & Cultural/ Multicultural.
Women 4 Women Student Board (W4W)
- This is a women's professional board that prepares women to become leaders on campus and in the community. The focus of this board's programs are on health, education, and leadership of women.
- A Support Organization for University of Louisville Student-Parents to promote the academic success of the university’s student parents; offer support services and resources to student-parents who are pursuing a college degree; and help student-parents learn to balance their personal, social, academic and professional lives.
- Women Veterans Support Group
- Scholarships & Awards
- College Women’s Leadership Conference, Elect Her, Human Trafficking Awareness Conference, International Women’s Day, Cards Against Catcalling Self-Defense Workshop, $tart $mart Salary Negotiation Workshop, Annual Women's Empowerment Dinner, Annual Woman's Retreat, Battle of the Sexes Lock-In, Clothing-Exchange Project, Angel Tree Initiative, Campus Talk, Mentoring/Shadowing Program, Equal Pay Day & more!
- Peru (2013), Spain (2014), Morocco (2015) and India (2017), Your Dream Destination (2018)!
- Volunteer Opportunities, Internships, and Work-Study