Welcome to the Student Veterans of America at Pace University in Pleasantville, New York. We are a national chapter of the Student Veterans of America based out of Washington, DC. The overall goal of the SVA is to serve as an advocate for student Veteran issues as well as providing additional access and information to resources regarding veteran affairs to student Veterans and military dependents. We are Veterans helping Veterans and we'd like to encourage you to come to one of our meetings.
The Student Veterans of America club serves as an organization advocating for student Veteran issues as well as providing additional access and information to resources regarding veteran affairs to student Veterans and military dependents. Some of our goals are as follows:
1) Develop a resource guide that includes all forms, documents, lists of service organizations and contact information useful for veterans, prospective veterans and their families.
2) Provide a peer support network for student Veterans and their families.
3) Educate the university community about the experiences of student Veterans through presentations and other related events / activities.
4) Work with university administration to meet the needs of student Veterans.
5) Collaborate with professors to provide student Veterans the opportunity to speak to classes.
6) Provide services to disabled Veterans.
7) Provide outreach programs to potential student Veterans.
8) Work with deployed Veterans’ families to provide support.
9) Work with the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Department of Defense, Veterans Service Organizations, and other military associations to provide information for student Veterans and their families.
10) Facilitate communication between the Counseling, Advising, and Program Services (CAPS) and prepare them to handle the needs of potential student Veterans.
11) Provide resources to Campus police in case of an emergency on campus.
12) Attend / participate in campus and local military recognition events and programs (Veterans Day, Memorial Day, etc.)
contact the President
contract the President
contact the President
EX. Suede Graham, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not currently have a website please just enter NA.