Student Leadership Academy Application 2016-2017
We are looking for students from all programs interested in a unique interprofessional leadership development opportunity.
Program Mission: To transform students into exceptional leaders empowered to create solutions for a healthier community.
- Completed at least 1 semester at UNTHSC
- 75% of classes must be on-campus
- Must be enrolled for both fall 2016 and spring 2017 semesters
- Be in and remain in good academic standing
- Be in and remain in good disciplinary standing
- General applicant information
- 3 short essay questions (500 words or less)
- Contact information for a faculty/staff recommendation for applicant
- Upload CV/Resume
- If selected, panel Interviews with HSC Student Leadership Development Team*
- Orientation and Introduction to Leadership Seminar (September)
- 3 hour session/seminar
- Friday, September 23rd from 5:30-8:30 pm
- Attend Bi-Monthly Session (2nd and 4th Wednesdays)
- 2nd and 4th Wednesdays (dates may change due to holidays)
- 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- Mentorship Requirement (On-going/ Monthly)
- Alumni, Faculty, or Staff Mentor (assigned through a matching process)
- Monthly meeting with Mentor (Skype, phone, or in person)
- Must meet once per semester face to face outside of orientation
- Culminating Service Project (April)
- In groups of 5
NEW Application deadline: July 22nd at 11:59 pm
Only the 25 students will be offered a spot to participate.
*All applicants will be notified whether or not you are chosen to move to the interview round in August. Those selected for in-person interviews will be notified of acceptance in to the Student Leadership Academy in September.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com .