Student Leadership Academy Recommendation Form
Please complete this form to recommend a student for the Student Leadership Academy.
We are looking for students from all programs interested in a unique interprofessional leadership development opportunity.
Program Mission: To transform students into exceptional leaders empowered to create solutions for a healthier community.
- Orientation and Introduction to Leadership Seminar (September)
- 3 hour session/seminar, offered one time
- Friday, September 25th from 5:30-8:30 pm
- Strengths-Based Leadership (October)
- 1 hour seminar, offered 2 times, must attend one
- Tuesday, October 13th from 5-6 pm or Monday, October 26th from 12-1 pm
- Culture and Diversity Roundtable (November)
- 2 hour seminar, offered one time
- Tuesday, November 3rd from 5:30-7:30 pm
- Professional Communication (February)
- 1 hour seminars, offered one time each, 3 options,must attend one
- Leadership Essentials (On-going in Spring semester)
- 1 hour seminars, offered one time each, 4 options, must attend one
- Mentorship Requirement (On-going/ Monthly)
- Alumni, Faculty, or Staff Mentor (assigned through a match process)
- Monthly meeting with Mentor (Skype, phone, or in person)
- Must meet once per semester face to face outside of orientation
- Culminating Service Project (April)
- In groups of 5
Recommendation deadline: Two weeks after you receive the link to this form