Resident Assistant Application 2015-2016
iEncourage! iMotivate! iSupport! iAmAnRA
Thank you for your interest in becoming a resident/community assistant. Please review the information below before beginning your application.
General Qualifications for the Resident Assistant position:
• Residence hall living experience
• Available for the full 2015-2016 academic year
• Been a student for one academic year prior to starting position
• Good academic standing, with at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA
• Good conduct standing at time of application review and start date
• $3,000 scholarship
• Single Room in Cannon, Alumni, or J M Smith (housing fees are not covered)
• $2,600 scholarship
• Single Room in apartment assignment (housing fees are not covered)
• Choice of roommates within apartment
Please attend one interest meeting to learn more about the Resident/Community Assistant positions, and make sure it’s the right leadership experience for you!
January 21st @ 7pm-8:30pm in Ames Turnout
January 22nd @ 7pm-8:30pm in Ames Turnout
Application Process Includes:
• On-line Application (OrgSync)
• Resume (bring to the group process and individual interview sign ups)
Timeline for Application/Interview Process:
For consideration, all application components must be submitted via OrgSync by January 30, 2015 at 11:59pm.
Invited candidates will sign up for group and individual interviews at the RA Mixers held on February 5th and 6th (attend one Mixer)
Invited candidates should be available for an the Group Interview Weekend on February 21st (Saturday)
Invited candidates should be available for a one-hour individual interview the week of February 23rd-27th
Final Decisions/Letter sent to candidates March 3rd-5th (before Spring Break) via email.
*Questions about the RA recruitment process, please contact Assistant Director of Residence Life, Emily Odio at firstname.lastname@example.org