Resident Assistant Application 2014-2015
Become a Superhero!
Thank you for your interest in becoming a resident/community assistant. Please review the information below before beginning your application.
General Qualifications for the Resident Assistant position:
• Residence hall living experience
• Available for the full 2014-2015 academic year
• Been a student for one academic year prior to starting position
• Good academic standing, with at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA
• Good conduct standing at time of application review and start date
• $3,000 scholarship
• Single Room in Cannon, Alumni, or J M Smith (housing fees are not covered)
• $2,600 scholarship
• Single Room in apartment assignment (housing fees are not covered)
• Choice of roommates within apartment
Please attend one interest meeting to learn more about the Resident/Community Assistant positions, and make sure it’s the right leadership experience for you!
November 19th @ 7pm-8:30pm in Ames Turnout
January 16th @ 7pm-8:30pm in the AV Room in the Library
January 22nd @ 7pm-8:30pm in the AV Room in the Library
Application Process Includes:
• On-line Application (OrgSync)
• Resume (upload to OrgSync)
Timeline for Application/Interview Process:
For consideration, all application components must be submitted via OrgSync by January 31, 2014 at 11:59pm.
Invited candidates will sign up for group and individual interviews at the RA Mixers held on February 11th and 12th (attend one Mixer)
Invited candidates should be available for an the Group Interview Weekend on February 15th (Saturday)
Invited candidates should be available for a one-hour individual interview the week of February 17th-24th
Final Decisions/Letter sent to candidates March 3rd-5th (before Spring Break) to student mailboxes.
*Questions about the RA recruitment process, please contact Assistant Director of Residence Life, Adrienne Beatty at firstname.lastname@example.org