Summer 2016 Resident Assistant Application
Thank you for your interest in becoming a summer Resident Assistant! Please review the information below before beginning your application.
Primary Role of a Summer Resident Assistant
- To provide academic, emotional and social support to residents.
- To safeguard the health and safety of the residential community.
- To provide customer service, professionalism, and organization to either the Residence Life front desk or the Fitness Center front desk.
- Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher
- Maintain student confidentiality.
- Assist in opening and closing of the residential campus.
- Participate in all training sessions (Dates to be determined)
- Complete all paperwork, posting requests and student communications within the designated time frame.
- Follow all University and Residence Life policies.
- RA Contract is from June 1st- August 5th
- Approximately 20 hours per week working in the Housing Assistant role at the front desk of Residence Life, or working the front desk of the Fitness Center
- 1-2 hours per week dedicated to meetings staff training.
- Weekly rotating on-call schedule and weekend coverage.
- Break Coverage when halls are not closed (July 4th holiday)
- June training, June opening, June closing, July opening, August closing (of buildings)
- Approximately 20 hours per week of work study at $7.25 per hour
- You are paid once a month
- Single Room in South Village for both summer sessions
- 25 meal-block for both summer sessions