17 Month STEM Extension : Optional Practical Training New I-20 Application
Use this form to request an I-20 to apply for an OPT STEM Extension. After May 10, 2016 students will be able to request either the 7 month extension or the 24 month extension
Eligibility for a STEM Extension:
- You have graduated with a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in a STEM field. These are identified by CIP code. For a complete approved list of CIP codes, please go to www.ice.gov/sevis/stemlist.htm
- Application must be submitted during the period of your current OPT, but no earlier than 120 days prior to end date.
- You have not applied for the 17 month extension previously.
- Your employer is registered in the E-Verify Program.
- You are in a paid position, it cannot be voluntary work