24 Month STEM Extension : Optional Practical Training New I-20 Application
Use this form to request an I-20 to apply for the 24-month OPT STEM Extension.
Eligibility for a STEM Extension:
- You have graduated with a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in a STEM field. These are identified by CIP code. For a complete approved list of CIP codes, please go to www.ice.gov/sevis/stemlist.htm
- Application must be submitted during the period of your current OPT, but no earlier than 120 days prior to end date
- You and your employer have completed Form I-983
- Your employer is registered in the E-Verify Program
- You are in a paid position, it cannot be voluntary work