Skip to Login Skip to Content Skip to Secondary Navigation

Textbooks for sale!

I have a whole bunch of textbooks for sale! I graduated at the end of fall and am still going through stuff, so let me know if you are looking for something, I can check if I have it (I took a lot of science, English and Anthropology courses). I also have a lot of study companion material too that I might be willing to part with! This is just a list of some of the bigger textbooks that are taking up space and I'd like to sell ASAP :)

Terms: I accept cash or paypal (add 2.9% to the price for paypal to cover the fee, e.g. if the book is $100, total will be 102.90 by paypal). I live right by campus and can hand deliver the book to you according to your schedule, in a public place, such as the Viking Union or Miller Market. Let me know if you have any questions, want pictures of a book or chapter headings to make sure it's the right one, I am very happy to help! But please make sure it is before you buy, no refunds. 

Also, feel free to email me even if it's a long time ago this was posted! I will be offering these books for sale till they go.

Contact me: harperkkate@gmail.com, permanent email

Title: Organic Lab: Experiments and Techiques
Authors: Pavia, Lampan, Kriz & Engel
Year: 2013
Publisher: Cengage Learning
ISBN-13: 978-1-285-13471-0
Condition: Cover is scuffed up with a fold & some folded pages "well loved" wear, but little/no highlighting and no spills. It's a softcover.
Classes I used it for: Chem 354
Current textbook? I'm pretty sure this is the one being used for Ochem lab 354 this quarter. The bookstore listing for Winter 2017 says "ACP ORG. CHEM. LAB. TECH, author Pavia, ISBN 9781285134710" (same as mine), and a used copy is listed as $186.75 (see here: http://wwu.verbacompare.com/comparison?id=W17__CHEM__354__10200 or go to http://wwu.verbacompare.com/ and enter your course details).
Price: $100

Title: Calculus Single Variable, 5th ed.
Authors: Hughes-Hallett, Gleason, McCallum, et al.
Year: 2009
Pulisher: Wiley
ISBN-13: 978-0470-08915-6
Condition: No highlighting, first two pages are a little torn up, and it looks like there is some water damage at the bottom of the book (not gross at all, it's just not pristine).
Classes I used it for: Math 124 & 125 
Current textbook? I think this is an older edition of what is being used currently; click here for the Bookstore search or go to http://wwu.verbacompare.com/  and enter your course details. I'd suggest checking with your professor if an older edition would be okay. 
Price: $25

Title: Human Heredity Principles and Issues, 11th edition
Author: Michael R. Cummings
Year: 2016
Publisher: Cengage
ISBN-13: 978-1-305-25105-2
Condition: This is a looseleaf textbook so you'll need a binder. Minor wrinkle on first page, couple of pages have tears on one or two of the binder holes. Might be a page or two with light pencil markings. This was a new textbook when I bought it. 
Classes I used it for: Biology 321 (fall 2016)
Current textbook? I don't think this is the book being used currently (Bookstore results). However, your professor may be okay with you using a different textbook, depending on what work is being assigned/how the text is used (you could always ask!)--this was purchased new 4 months ago, so all the info is current and relevant. 
Price: $100

Title: The Human Lineage
Authors: Matt Cartmill & Fred H. Smith
Year: 2009
Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
ISBN-13: 978-0-471-21491-5 
Condition: Hardcover, pristine as far as I can tell (might be a pencil mark or two hiding)
Classes I used it for: Anthropology 423
Current textbook? Hard to tell, this course isn't being offered this quarter. I took the course with Dr. Joan Stevenson, who raved about this book, so if you plan on taking the course with her later this year (she's offering it in Spring 2017), this probably would be the one she uses. You could always email her and find out! This book is $93 used on Amazon.
Price: $75

Assorted titles from English 339, Mythology & Literature (taken with Dr. Nicholas Margaritis):
Euripides V
Sophocles I
Aeschylus I & II
The Homeric Hymns
Hesiod

This isn't being offered as a main campus course this year, but Dr. Margaritis teaches the course through Western Online as well (http://www.wwu.edu/ee/westernonline/courses.shtml , English 339) and it looks like some of the books there might be the same. Let me know if you want me to check ISBN's for any of these, and I'd be willing to sell them separate or offer a group deal.

Thanks for reading!

Kate Harper