Student Involvement Programming Assistant Application 2019-2020
Student Involvement & Leadership Center
Programming Assistant Job Description
Student Involvement and Leadership Center Programming Assistants work with a team of other Programming Assistants and student Marketing Assistants to plan, implement, and evaluate a variety of events for the Boise State community.
- Work with the programming team (9 students) to develop and implement high-quality student events, including but not limited to large evening and weekend social events, films, family-friendly programs, service programs, and annual campus traditions. Visit our website, getinvolved.boisestate.edu, for a calendar of upcoming programs and events.
- Develop events that target a variety of student audiences that meet the university’s demographics.
- Lead the organization of 5-7 events per semester, delegating responsibilities to the programming team.
- Forecast, manage and reconcile the budgets for each event.
- Be informed of campus event policies and actively seek additional information as needed.
- Be aware of other campus programs and events, and proactively seek out collaborative partners.
- Support the mission and goals of the Student Involvement & Leadership Center and the shared values of Boise State University.
- A Desire to learn and excel at event planning and marketing in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent project management skills to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well and quickly under pressure both individually and as a part of a team in a fast-paced setting.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to both anticipate and react to needed changes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to consistently set and achieve goals.
- Willingness to demonstrate leadership skills within a peer group.
- Ability to relate to and assist all members of the diverse campus community.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at Boise State University in a certificate/degree-seeking program and, if hired, be enrolled in six credits or more each semester that they are employed.
- Applicants must have at least a cumulative 2.50 GPA and, if hired, must maintain at least a cumulative 2.50 GPA each semester they are employed.
- This paid student position can also be registered for internship credits.
- Starting hourly wage of $8.00.
- Position commitment August 5, 2019 - May 8, 2020, at 15 hours per week. A minimum of 10 office hours; the remaining hours will be completed via staff meetings, program attendance, remote work, and additional office hours as needed.
- Fall training will be the week of Monday, August 5, 2019. Spring training will be the week of January 6, 2020.
- Staff will not work during Thanksgiving Break, Spring Break, and two weeks during Winter Break. There will be weeknight and weekend commitments.
- Work Study is not required for this position; however, work-study recipients are encouraged to apply.
Applications are due by 11:59 PM MST on Sunday, February 24, 2019. Interviews will take place during the weeks of March 5 and March 20.
Questions? For questions about this position please contact Mikayla Mitzek (email@example.com) or visit us in the Student Involvement & Leadership Center (2nd floor of the SUB)