Distinguished Sophomore and Transfer Student Award Nominations
Student Development Programs is seeking nominations from faculty and staff for students deserving to receive the "Distinguished Sophomore Award" or the "Distinguished Transfer Student Award" at the 2019 New Student Convocation. The "Distinguished Sophomore Award" recognizes this year's freshman for their noteworthy accomplishments during their freshman year and provides inspiration to the next class of incoming students. The "Distinguished Transfer Student Award" recognizes a transfer student for their noteworthy accomplishments during their first year at USI. These award recipients will receive $1000 for billable expenses to USI.
We are looking for students that are first time freshmen or transfer students during the 2018-2019 academic year and who have excelled in a variety of areas. Students need to have enrolled at USI for the first time for Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 to be considered. We want to recognize students who excel in one or more of the following areas:
- Academics (strong interest in learning, setting and accomplishing academic goals )
- Leadership (providing mentorship to others, taking on roles of responsibility)
- Service (dedicating time to community betterment, advocating for a cause, displaying citizenship)
- Ethics (standing up against poor treatment of others, showing good judgment in troubling situations)
- Personal growth (overcoming obstacles and road blocks, a moment of strong maturity)
- Notable selflessness (providing for others in a moment of need, assisting in a role that receives little to no recognition)
- Innovation/Creativity (innovative/creative shown in ideas generated, projects created, approach to issue)
If you know a current freshman or a new transfer student who would serve as a great role model for the next incoming class, please take time to submit this nomination form. We will select up to 20 new freshmen and 4 transfer students to receive this honor and we want broad representation from campus.
We will be accepting nominations until Monday, May 6, 2019.