RSO Advisor Responsibilities Agreement
Responsibilities of an advisor will vary based on the individual organizational needs. Advisors and student leaders should decide together the specific needs of the organization. However there are two main responsibilities of all advisors: to guide and grow the Registered Student Organization’s leaders, members, and purpose.
To guide means to be present and available to direct the organization as needed. To grow means to support and challenge the organization to be its best.
• Serve as a sounding board for new ideas
• Provide information on policies, regulations and procedures
• Provide an outside prospective
• Balance guidance with autonomy
• Provide University and community connections
• Provide a background history and insight into the RSO
• Meet with the student leaders on a regular basis
• Assist leaders in setting and meeting goals
• Attend general meetings and events (as decided upon with RSO leadership)
• Intervene in conflicts when necessary
• Provide developmental activities to the executive board to cultivate group cohesiveness
In addition to guiding and growing, the role of advisor requires a few additional responsibilities to the RSO.
• Assist with RSO elections
• Audit finances with the treasurer at least once a semester
• Maintain a relationship with the Business Office
• Co-sign all forms
• Ensure the organization upholds the Honor Code and all University policies and procedures
When would be the best time to host an hour long faculty/staff advisor meeting:
Please select all times that apply.