Resident Assistant Application 2016-2017
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Resident/Community Assistant. Please review the information below before beginning your application.
General Qualifications for the Resident Assistant position:
• Residence hall living experience
• Available for the full 2016-2017 academic year
• Been a student for one academic year prior to starting position
• Good academic standing, with at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA
• Good conduct standing at time of application review and start date
• $3,000 scholarship
• Single Room in Cannon, Alumni, or J M Smith (housing fees are not covered)
• $2,600 scholarship
• Single Room in apartment assignment (housing fees are not covered)
• Choice of roommates within apartment
Please attend one interest meeting to learn more about the Resident/Community Assistant positions, and make sure it’s the right leadership experience for you!
- November 16th @ 7pm-8:00pm in Hayes 209
- January 19th @ 7pm-8:00pm in Helms Forum
Application Process Includes:
• On-line Application (OrgSync)
• Resume (bring to the group process and individual interview sign ups)
Timeline for Application/Interview Process:
For consideration, all application components must be submitted via OrgSync by January 31, 2016 at 11:59pm.
Invited candidates will sign up for group and individual interviews at the RA Mixers held on February 3,2016 (attend one Mixer)
Invited candidates should be available for an the Group Interview Weekend on Friday, February 19th from 6-9pm in Laverne Banquet Hall.
Invited candidates should be available for a one-hour individual interview the weekend of February 20th-21st
Final Decisions/Letter sent to candidates February 23rd via email/mail.
RA/CA's deadline for roommates and housing assignments will be on Monday, February 29, 2016.
*Questions about the RA recruitment process, please contact Director of Residence Life Michael Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org.