Choosing Your Cover Photo-- Designing Your Portal
Aug 1, 2014 by Jenna Bartak
One of the new features in the updated OrgSync interface is the introduction of cover photos for communities and portals. Cover photos allow you to customize the area at the top of your community and portal pages. Some tips in choosing your cover photo:
1) Be flexible- As you'll see when you get ready to upload your cover photo, the recommended size is 2000 x 320 pixels. However, don't be surprised if you don't see all of your image when you view it on a page. Your cover photo is responsive, meaning it will display at different sizes, with different portions cropped out, based on the user's screen size.
2) No text is needed- There's already words on your cover photo—your community or portal name! There's no need to add more.
3) Change it up- Keep it fresh and show off a new image for your organization or department every month or every semester!
4) Tie it in- Display what your organization is doing!
5) Plan for existing elements- Your portal profile photo and portal name will always appear on your cover photo. If your portal chooses to add links to your social media pages, white icons for those websites will appear on the right side of the page. Keeping your image darker or less busy around those areas can help the visibility of those important elements.
6) Don't violate copyrights- don't use any images that are not yours or you do not have permission to use.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Student Development Programs at 812-465-7167 or firstname.lastname@example.org.