2014-2015 ASUWB Student Assistant Application
ASUWB STUDENT ASSISTANT
The ASUWB Student Assistant (SA) facilitates internal clerical office duties and tasks for ASUWB events, projects, programs, and daily work. Work alongside ASUWB and advisers to achieve the goals and mission of ASUWB.
All student employees must meet the minimum requirements established below:
- Enroll in no fewer than five (5) academic credits at the University of Washington Bothell
- Be in good academic and behavioral standing with the University and be free of any academic probation
- Maintain a Grade Point Average of at least 2.5 cumulatively or quarterly, whichever is higher.
Regular duties will include but are not limited to:
- Help create a positive and welcoming environment by being friendly and approachable.
- Greet visitors to the ASUWB Office and identify ways in which they can be assisted.
- Provide basic information to guests regarding the Associated Students of the University of Washington Bothell.
- Provide basic event planning support to ASUWB team members.
- Take meeting minutes in weekly ASUWB meetings (Tuesdays, 8:00AM-10:00AM)
- Refer visitors to appropriate an ASUWB team member as necessary.
- Provide office support through:
- Scheduling meetings, updating the ASUWB website, compiling and sending out marketing materials as needed, room reservations, FUACs, and updating the ASUWB Orgsync when necessary.
- Respond to email and phone inquiries.
- Keep workspace clean, organized, and up-to-date.
- Other duties as assigned by the ASUWB President or ASUWB Advisors.
This is a paid position that will begin in September and continue until the end of instruction in spring quarter.
Salary: $12 per hour, 7 hours per week x 30 weeks per year
Please E-mail Brittany Monares, the ASUWB Vice President, at BMonares@uwb.edu for more information.